Roaming Around Rome!
Rome, also known as the “Eternal City” is one of the most beautiful places in the world and is full of such rich history. As popular as Rome is, however, it occurred to me that I do not know that much about it. I did some digging and found some pretty interesting facts. Let’s take a look:
• Romans were highly superstitious and feared anything to do with the left, which is why their words for “left” and “left-handed” were sinister and sinstra, giving us the modern meaning of “sinister.”
• Sometimes the Romans would flood the whole Colosseum for a boat battle.
• Purple clothing was a status symbol and reserved only for emperors or senators. To achieve the color, a dye was made from murex seashells. It was treason for anyone other than the emperor to dress completely in purple.
• The Colosseum in Rome has over 80 entrances and can accommodate about 50,000 spectators
• Rome has a museum dedicated to pasta. The National Museum of Pasta spans 11 rooms and 2 floors!
I must say, a museum full of pasta sounds like a brilliant idea. Now, let’s move on to WinStar’s city of Rome. While it may not have the strong history that the real Rome does, it is very important to our casino. Below, you can see why.
• Complimentary valet is offered at the Rome entrance. That’s right. I said free!
• The Global Event Center is located here. This is where concerts and other events are held. It can seat a whopping 3,500 people!
• There are 3 beautiful fountains located throughout this city.
• While there isn’t a restaurant here, there is a bar.
• The Box Office is located here. This is where you can buy or pick up tickets to any of our shows.
Both cities of Rome, the one in Italy and the one located in WinStar, are extremely significant to their respective places. We are very proud of Rome and hope that everyone can enjoy all of its beauty and perks. In honor of this wonderfully charming city, grazie e arrivederci (thank you and goodbye)!